Friday, November 16, 2012

It's Mid-November FF

1.  Monday I met my new nephew Kaison when Tyler and Danielle came to get Kadyn after school, but before they came Kadyn and I built a cabin out of lincoln logs.  
2.  It has been a rather lovely week of Brick Oven Beanery eating!  (They call it the Bistro, but it started out as the Beanery, which I why I still call it that, they changed the name years ago).  Ok, well I only went twice, but come on it's closing in a week and I need my gumbo fill.  I went with Tristen and the girls for lunch on Tuesday and with mom today for a late lunch.  Today I just had the soup, salad and bread.  I've never gone away from the turkey sandwich, but the salad always looks good so I got it.  It was delicious too!

3.  I had a guy from work call to ask if he could take the 2 Sundays I have left to work this year and he said he would work 1 each month for me.  An answer to prayers for sure.
4.  The buckle on my dansko shoe broke this week. These are my works shoes and I need them. Gratefully when I picked up my Doc Marten Mary Jane shoe that broke a month ago, from Lynns Shoe repair today I was able to drop off my new broken shoe.  For years, Lynns Shoe repair use to be right by the over pass headed to Grandma and Grandpa Youngs.  We just thought they shut down years ago.  I was happy to see they just moved locations, even though Lynn is in his 70's, he still does a great job repairing shoes.  And he is cheep.  15 dollars for 3 shoes.
5.  I got my password reset to my computer today at the Apple store.  Now this may be trivial, but for the past year I had forgotten my password, so I couldn't update important programs on my computer like Adobe.  Well, now I can start working on the Shutterfly book, because I now have Adobe!
6. Tuesday Tyler, his family, mom, dad and I attended the BSU Health Promotion Health Fair.  Tyler and I have both helped put these together in prior years when we were getting our bachelors.  It was fun to go back to my college stomping grounds and to see Dr. Spears our advisor.
7.  I have cleaner teeth this week thanks to my dental hygienist Tristen!
8.  I met with my financial advisor today, which makes me feel financially responsible now!
9.  Mom and I have been working on Christmas presents for the ward.  We are nearly 1/2 way through.  It will be nice to have them done before Thanksgiving this week.
10.  I spent time with Alisha, mom, Troy and Becki today.  It was a full, fulfilling day for sure and to end it, I'll watch the first half of Breaking Dawn, so that I'll be ready to watch Part 2 since it came out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment