Wednesday, January 2, 2013

10 Degree's

Do you know what 10 degree's feels like?  Unfortunately I sure do.  I felt it tonight when I got in my car after my 12 hour shift.  You know that brain freeze that gives you a headache when you eat something cold?  I felt that tonight as I was getting in my car; 10 degree's literally gives you a brain freeze!  I warned my nurses that they might come out and find me frozen in place, but they didn't.  I do think Betty isn't loving this cold weather.  She misses warm NC, as do I.  She takes a bit to get going when it is so cold out.  I love that my dad starts my car in the morning, so I can get in it when it is toasty warm.  It's been so cold here that all the snow we have had over the last week is still frozen to the ground.  Typically it snows here and melts the same afternoon.  On my way home tonight I told Tristen it is just too cold to be jogging and she agreed.  I sure hope it warms up soon, because I've been missing our jogs the last few weeks.
My new favorite thing is sitting by the wood fire that dad keeps a blaring; he hates hearing the heater come on, I think because he hears dollar signs.  I even heard him quietly come down this morning at 5am to put more wood on the fire.  I admit, sometimes it's a little too warm down here, but I'll take it any day over being cold.  There is something about a wood fire that makes you feel right at home, especially when it is only 10 degree's!

No comments:

Post a Comment