Monday, February 4, 2013

Kudos For Southwest

Saturday before I left Aubrey, her daughter Grace and I went to Chipotle.  I have never been there even though there is apparently one in Boise.  It was fresh and delicious.  I had such a great time with Aubrey and her cute family.  Hopefully it won't be another 4 years until I see her again.
I use to fly Southwest all the time, until I moved to CLT and since then have been a Delta fan.  I flew SW because the times worked for me, otherwise I would have flown Delta.  My flight left on time, arrived and left on time from Oakland too, given I had to pass Boise and fly to Oakland first.  Totally crazy.  We got to Boise and had to circle in the air for about 30 minutes.   You see a small plane  just in front of us crashed into a major lighting system at the airport, preventing us and the several other planes behinds us from landing.  We ended up flying to Portland.  They kept waiting for word from Boise, which they got every 45 minutes.  We only had 38 people on the flight and I was sitting in the very front seat, so I heard most everything that was going on.  Another flight that had come from LV had been diverted as well.  In the waiting process their pilot timed out.  At one point I heard them say that our pilot would time out in 90 minutes.  When we got word that the Boise Airport was open, they hurried us onto the plane and every thing seemed to be smooth.  They went through the safety features and then I saw out my front window someone say, "He timed out."  Yep, our pilot timed out, if only he had just left 2 minutes earlier we would have been free to go to Boise.  It was only 1/4 mile visibility in Boise, so maybe there was a reason that we weren't suppose to fly that night.  They put all passengers up for the night.  The next morning we flew out at 1115, well we didn't actually fly out that soon, because the pilot got on the intercom and said there was a maintenance issue.  Thankfully it didn't cause us to stay much longer.  We had the same crew we had had the night before, which was nice.  The pilot was awesome and said he had never had such an experience.  The great thing was before we boarded they gave us all a $100 voucher for future flights.  Today I got the nicest letter from Southwest.  Let's just say kudos for SOUTHWEST, because I now have $200 voucher for future flights!
February 4, 2013
Greetings from Southwest Airlines:                        
What an interesting weekend! It isn’t often you get to travel to Boise by way of an overnight stay in Portland, Oregon. I’m truly sorry for your flight’s unexpected detour, and for any inconvenience it caused. As you probably know, the runway in Boise was out of service because of a disabled private aircraft. Our Customer Service Agents in Portland appreciated your patience and cooperation as they worked on alternate arrangements to get you to your destination the following day.
We’d certainly like the opportunity to provide you with timelier travel experiences in the future. In that spirit, I’m sending you a Southwest LUV Voucher*, which I invite you to apply toward your next reservation. Your patronage means the world to us, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.
Sincerely,                                            
Lindsey Duncan


No comments:

Post a Comment