Monday, April 8, 2013

My First Phoenix Wind and Rain Storm

This morning on my work email I found it strange that I was getting an email about a wind warning today.  I actually glanced at the title and then deleted it.  Around 1230 I heard people talking about how windy it was outside.  When I left work at 1:30 I actually thought I was going to be blown away.  When I finally got in my car I had to wipe the dust from my eyes and pick out debris from my hair, literally.  The sky was dark and the dust made it hard to see.  I've stayed inside all afternoon enjoying the sound of the wind chimes out on the back porch.  I love the relaxing sound those wind chimes bring me, given it is always just a little on the windy side here.  A bit ago Amy and I heard something rather loud...rain, something they don't get here in the desert very often.  It only lasted for a few minutes, but it smelled oh so good when I poked my head out the door.  There are several grapefruit on the ground, which means once the storm has passed, we better gather them up so they don't get spoiled.  Yep, just another day here in Phoenix.  Hopefully the storm will pass by 6 so that I can go on my nightly jog.  Tonights dinner:  Mexican haystacks with mango and lime/cilantro rice.  Hope it's yummy!

1 comment:

  1. My parents would tell me about those wind storms...said they were neat to see/hear.
    You'll have to tell me how those mexican haystacks are- I saw them too and they looked really good :).
    Eat some grapefruit for me!!

    ReplyDelete