Monday, March 19, 2018

NOLA For Ben and Angela's Wedding

Last Wednesday at Midnight really on Thursday, I met mom in NOLA.  She has never been there, so this was fun to show her around.  I actually usually don't go there to be a tourist, but since Kirt was away on business most of the time, I decided that we would be tourists.  It was super fun, the weather was fabulous and the wedding we went there for was probably one of the best I've ever attended!

I rented a car and drove it around like I new my way around, which basically by the time I left I did!  Thursday we took in a city tour, listened to some jazz music, ate delicious beignets and walked around the French Quarter, where I sat every few minutes. 
Friday I took mom to the first restaurant I went to my first time in NOLA 15 or 16 years ago.  Camillia's Grill, which is this tiny place with the same old fashioned bar stools at the counter and the waiters wear bow ties.  We had hamburgers, french fries and talked some college guys from London, Spain and Ireland.  You never know who you will meet in NOLA.

We also found Angelo Brocato Italian ice cream and where we got the most delicious cannoli.  We really felt bad that dad and Troy and Becky didn't come with us and decided we'd take them with us next time.
Friday evening was the real event!  My cousin got married at the zoo and had his reception at the Tea Room.  It was a beautiful evening!  The ceremony was so well done, the food was top notch, the dancing was super fun and the company was fantastic.  I was so happy that Kirt was able to join us for the event!  It was seriously the best way to represent NOLA!  Ben's wife Angela is such a sweet girl and so much fun!  He was so grateful we were there and I'm so glad we went.  Such a fun memory.
Saturday they had a crawfish lunch (I didn't eat crawfish) and then we went to the St. Patricks Day parade which was crazy awesome!  Kirt spent the day with us before we headed back to the airport.  He is hilarious without trying to be.  I think I laugh more with him than anyone.  Mom and I also hit the Milk Bar before the airport for the best Chicken Satay Salad and Strawberry milkshake.  Until next time NOLA...which we are already planning in the Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment