Sunday, December 11, 2011

Random Christmas Thoughts

This time of year always seems so crazy busy.  But this year has been quite different.  It doesn't feel busy in the least bit.  It is actually quite nice not having to work a whole bunch of shifts in a row so that I can go home after Christmas.  I must say, I don't know if I am quite in the Christmas spirit or at least I wasn't until this afternoon when I made my traditional peanut clusters.  The tree is lit, even though I'm ashamed to say that it isn't decorated quite yet.  I promise it will be done before Tuesday.  I've played Christmas songs on the piano and the primary sang a Christmas song which blew me away in church today.  They did a fantastic job, it sounded professional.  When my nieces come over tonight I will read them some Christmas stories and this week I will begin wrapping presents.  Yes, it is by far the most relaxing Christmas season I have ever enjoyed and I think I am now in the Christmas spirit.  I'm not quite sure why it has taken so long to be in the Christmas spirit.  I think it is because I haven't done all of my traditions this year.  But really, this time of year is suppose to be enjoyable and that is why I always get my Christmas shopping done before December or at least most of it.  I have a few packages to get in the mail this week and I'll get my Christmas cards out this week too and then I think it will be time to do more baking and take goodies around to all of the friends that we have had all my years of growing up.  I am still waiting for Sister Jones' melt in your mouth chocolates.  She always brings me my own plate that I look forward to every year.  This past weekend we went to SLC.  There wasn't any snow, which didn't feel quite like Christmas was around the corner.  We had a wonderful time visiting the temple with the entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment