Sunday, April 29, 2018

Super Sunday

I really miss Fabulous Friday and feel like I am not recording the things that I want to and should since dropping it.  You know it was kind of like my friend that I wrote to every week.  So I've decided I'm going back to it, except we are going to do Super Sunday.  Only positive, wonderful things about my week will be reported.  So here goes:

1.  Tuesday my friend Janelle accompanied me to Dr. C's office.  He is a Radiation Oncologist that Dr. D works with.  He was amazing.  He thinks that he can radiate the tumor on the posterior iliac crest, only 4 treatments in 2 weeks.  He needs to look at my prior radiation treatments and if he feels it is safe we will do it.  I hope so, because the pain is slowly creeping back.  He said that if he can't do it, meaning if it is too risky with the bowel having too much radiation exposure, that I could have it surgically removed.  Dr. D said she wouldn't surgically remove it, but he said he knows other surgeons who will.
2.  Wednesday I met with Dr. S the research Dr. regarding the biopsy I had a month ago.  There were no genomes matched, but he also said a part of the test wasn't done correctly.  In a few months I'll have another biopsy.  They will by then be able to take some of my tissue, grow it and see what meds react to it.  In the meantime, he said he wouldn't change anything anyways because the Tamoxifen is SHRINKING the tumors!  This is so exciting.  I pray that it continues and especially to shrink the ones on the ureter.
3.  It is warm enough here in Phoenix, that it is actually like Summer.  I mean when it's 100, it's Summer.  I spent Friday morning at my cousin Laura's in her pool with her and her kids.  It was super fun and the perfect time for a pool party.  We also had lunch at Gecko Grill, where they have the best salsa. Oh and my cousins have a snow cone machine, like the real deal shaved ice.  I'm totally getting one with the amazon gift card I won way back when.  I LOVE shaved ice.
4. Friday night I went with my Aunt Leslie, cousin Autumn and my friend Barbra to the Millennial Choir and Orchestra.  It was the most powerful performance.  It is now something I do twice a year and look forward to each performance.
5.  We had Stake Conference this weekend.  The talks and music were all so uplifting.  I feel like I need to listen more to the spirit and obey its promptings quickly.  My friend Jennifer's sister wrote the music to this song Does the Journey Seem Long and a lady in my ward sang it.  Oh my, it was absolutely beautiful!
6.  I had a delicious dinner with Deborah and her family and Gordon and Leslie today.  It was to celebrate Gordon and Dallins birthdays.  Dallin got his mission call this week.  He is going to the Guatemala Guatemala South or East I can't remember Mission.  Anyway, my brother Tyler when to the central one 20 years ago.  Dallin is such an amazing guy and will be a fabulous missionary.
7.  This week I got my new Favorite Cookbook in the mail, What's Gaby Cooking.  Oh, I love it.  The recipes are simple and fresh.  Will definitely get plenty of use from it this Summer.  These wonton strips were at Winco. Yummy!
8.  And one more thing...I got 2 pounds of delicious strawberries from sprouts this week for $1.88.  Hello cheap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment