Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cleveland's Candy Store and More

Today our first stop was to one of the best candy stores ever.  They had lots of fun candy and if you really know me you know I love me some candy, not chocolate, candy.  You would have thought a candy store with as much candy as it had would have been kind of cheap, no a candy bar or sweetarts were $1 each.  I use to get sweetarts at Smith's 4 for $1.  We did get a few fun candy's but we didn't spend too much as we could get most at Winco for much cheaper.  Oh how I love my Winco.  There is one in Rexburg only 3 hours from DL.  So exciting.  I will be one of the weird people who take their coolers and fill up at the supermarket.  I did that when I left CLT, I bought cases of food from Aldi's.  
Back to Cleveland.  After the candy store Abe took us to this delicious, cheap, nice Japanese restaurant...it was a buffet.  I'm not a buffet kind of girl.  I mean think of all of the germs that hibernate in buffet food.  I did however enjoy this one, you could have all the sushi you wanted and it was yummy.  Of course it wasn't as delicious as Wasabi Cafe in Concord, but it was pretty good.

I then got the great privilege of taking my mom to Charming Charlies.  If you haven't been to a Charming Charlies you are missing out.  There's one in Greensboro for my CLT friends.  It is this awesome jewelry store that my friend Pamela introduced me to when I visited her in Dallas.  This store is organized in colors, jewelry, purses, scarves,  and a few clothes.  I love it, but since I'm not working yet, I am on a budget so I only bought a scarf and two necklaces.  Not like I needed them, but I had to buy something there.  Mom really loved it.  When the boys were getting bored we decided it was time to go be tourists at the John Johnson farm where Joseph Smith spent time. I really enjoyed it.  We visited a year 1/2 ago when we did our church history tour.  I think I enjoyed it a little more then as it wasn't as cold as it was today.  Burr, it is coat weather here.  I'm not kidding.  I'm going to freeze my bajeebies off when I get to DL.

One of the things I love about fall are pumpkin patches.  I don't know what it is about them, but I love them.  Of course when we drove past one we had to turn around and go back especially because they had a sign that said "apple cider."
On our way home we went to some hamburger joint, not like we were hungry, but we had to take in some Boise State Football.  We split 2 hamburgers 4 ways.  I know, crazy but we had just had lunch a few hours before.  BSU ended the first quarter something like 27-0 so we figured we didn't have to stay all night.  Instead we went home and then went to get our honey hut ice-cream for the rest of the weekend and watched more BSU football and exchanged ER stories.  Abe has seen a lot in his residency and during med school.  Abe gets us laughing.  He is a good story teller because he exaggerates and you never know which part is exaggerated as it all sounds like part of the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment