Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Slowly, Ever So Slowly...

This is the weirdest feeling I have ever had.  I can only explain it as a feeling of numbness.  I feel like I have so much to do, but I'm totally in slow motion or no motion.  I just sit and look around me and think I really need to do something.  I get up, do a few things, then sit back down.  I have 3 hours before I need to be to work; to work the last 5 1/2 hours at a place I have called home for over 5 years.  Yesterday when I left work I thought I should be crying or at least have the feeling of some kind of emotion of sadness but I didn't.  Which is good.  I'm actually really excited to start a new chapter in my life.  I will admit this morning when I saw on FB that Nick had updated his status with "Hearing this played will be just one of the things I will miss the most " and he had a youtube video of someone playing a song that I frequently play on the piano, did get the tears flowing a bit.  I don't know why but it did.
The moving coordinator called this morning.  The movers should be here tomorrow morning between 9-11.  My friends are coming tonight to help finish with painting the nail holes and hopefully give me some energy to get whatever else I need to get done.
I hear Christmas music playing in the background.  Sometimes this gets me going.  So I will exit for now so that I can finish packing my bathroom, pack my suitcase, get ready for the day and then head to the post office to hopefully get my passport or at least to just send Tenielle something I told her I'd send last week but keep forgetting.  I really need to make some chocolate chip cookies or at least the dough.  Ugh, so much to do and so little, very little time to get it all done.  It will get done, if not in the next few day it will eventually whether in the car, on a stop or when I get to DL.

No comments:

Post a Comment