Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Post 200

Do you realize that today marks post 200? Probably not but it is. Just thought I'd share that with you. It is 4am and I've been awake for an hour. Yes, I know I should be sleeping, but I woke up for some unknown reason from my dream world; probably because my bladder couldn't take it any more. Yes, I know I'm only 34 but my bladder is either really small or it thinks it's 80. Nonetheless, I'm awake; and not because I drank one of these. This is what was on my desk when I walked in this morning. Thought it was pretty funny that they were sitting in a cup holder.
That's Dr. C. He was teasing me today telling me he was glad I came on time today, because I came in a few hours late on Saturday (they called me at 11, just as I was getting out of the shower). I thought my shift started at 1 and not 10. Hey, that's only the first time I've done that. People do it all the time. At least Saturday was super slow.
My tummy is hungry, which is weird given the fact that I had a lovely lunch/dinner from Jimmy Johns my favorite sandwich shop across from the ER thanks to Dr. C for ordering for most of us in the department yesterday. I wish I would have taken a picture of him inhaling his lunch over the garbage can. I was afraid I was going to have to perform the Heimlich on him, but he said he would have just preferred mouth to mouth. Seriously, if my husband (if I had a husband) said something like that to his co-worker, he'd be sleeping on the sofa. I sure love my nurses. I consider all 100 of them my friends. After my Monday shift, which was one of the best Monday's ever, I enjoyed a lovely cup of tomato and crab bisque and a salted carmel brownie from Amelies where I had a relaxing time with my friend Carley before we said our final goodbye. I loved how she put it as I dropped her back off in the hospital parking lot, "we're doing this goodbye quick." Surprisingly I haven't felt emotional this week, given this is my last full week in Charlotte. I'm sure it's just because I've worked the last 4 days and have so much on my to-do-lists for my next 2 days off. No worries, I'm sure come Sunday I won't have dry eyes. Today was a last for me to see my dear friend and co-worker Jodia come in for her night shift. I sure love this women. She is such an example of endurance. She is a single mother with an almost 4 year old and she works the night shift. I don't know how she does it but she does and she is always smiling and laughing. She has become such a wonderful friend and therapist to me. I ended this evening or rather it was last evening given the fact that it is now 417am on Tuesday with a sweet conversation with my grandma Betty, who discussed (as I was dumping my annuals in the garbage) with me about her 29 moves. One move she only had a 3 day notice. She told me to stand over my movers and if they pack something I won't need to get rid of it before they put it in the box. I'm just hoping to get rid of things before the movers come. I must say I've done a rather good job at doing so thus far. I really need to clean the junk drawer so all that junk doesn't follow me to MT. My move 4 years ago, Rachel dumped my junk drawer in a box and it sat in my house for 4 years. Just before my 4 year mark I went through that box. Will not happen again. Ok, I think I'm going to try to put my to-do-list to rest for now and attempt to fall back to sleep so I can get up to go to my very last cycle class with my favorite instructor Angela. Sad class for sure. My tummy is still growling. It's just going to have to growl, I'm not getting out of my warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment