Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Back To School, But Still Summer

I'm always a little sad when the kids go back to school, the pool doesn't get used much and even though it's still in the high 90's in Idaho there is a slight change in some of the leaves.  I don't know if that is because the leaves are dying or if it means Fall is around the corner.  Yesterday I ran into the store and found myself walking down the school supply isle.  I took in the lovely sent of unused boxes of crayons with their multiple colors, unsharpened pencils and spiral notebooks.  A rush of memories came to me, reminding me of my school days with my oh so fashionable traper keeper, colorful folders and my super cool purple Jan Sport backpack.  I can still remember the smell associated with the beginning of school in my elementary school.  I have wonderful memories of school and was so blessed to have amazing teachers.

As I've returned today to Phoenix, the 110 degree's has me back to the middle of Summer and wanting my bathing suit, a cold drink by my side and some polarized sunglasses.  It's very hot here and I don't want to go outside.  Which is why I'm waiting for the sun to go down before I kind of re-stock my fridge.  I'm only here for a week before I leave again to Montana where it's suppose to be hot and smokey for an OVC retreat with 63 other women.  And I get to spend a few days with a blogger friend who also had cancer at the same time I was diagnosed.  I'm so excited to actually meet her face to face.  We've emailed back and forth for 4 years and we finally get to meet. 

Summer was fabulous!  I loved it so much.  Wrapping it up I had lunch with my girlfriends from college,
said goodbye to Alisha's son Dallin for 2 years to do a mission in San Antonio,
had a few last swim days with popsicle's,
and ate fresh tomato's, cucumbers, raspberries and corn on the cob. 

But, with school starting and Summer coming to a close, that means it's football season!
And hurricane season.  Thinking and praying for the people in Houston and their near 50 inches of rain.  I can't imagine something like they are experiencing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment