Monday, May 25, 2009

Girls Trip: Day's 3 and 4 Chicago





Okay, so I am little slow at blogging our girls trip, but eventully I will get it done.
Sunday May 3, 2009
So day three we woke early so that we could catch the train earlier than the day before, which put us in the city a little after 9am. It is amazing how such a busy city can be so quiet on weekends. It is actually quite spooky at how quiet it was when we first got down town. We first headed to Millenium park where we enjoyed the fountain and all of the pretty flowers. It was very relaxing and a beautiful morning. We then got back on the tour bus and stopped off at the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum. The Field Museum was not my favorite. I don't really like live animals, let alone dead, stuffed ones. The Aquarium was okay,
but I was hoping to see the dolphins. They were apparently in hibernation or rather the exibit was temorarily closed due to construction. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't make it to the planitarium, but I guess we will have to do that on another trip. We then went back to Michigan Avenue to see what we had missed the day before. That of course was the dessert's from both Gheradeli and Hershey. Hello, talk about expensive, but oh, how delicious.

We also had to try the famous Gino's East Pizza, we had a very rude, horrible waitress and the pizza wasn't nearly as delicious as Giodona's. So after all of the calories we ingested, we walked several blocks, or miles from Migican Avenue to the Metra. It was rather pleasant to see the city a the end of a Sunday, but by the time we got back to the hotel, we were walked out.
Monday May 4, 2009
Monday morning, we experienced the real city of Chicago as we boarded the train with the rest of the business people. The hords of people were amazing. Something you didn't see on the weekend. This was one of my favorite days. We finally got to visit Potbelly's again for breakfast because they were closed during the weekend. We then took a 2 hour tour of the north side of the city, including Lincoln Park. It was rather relaxing in our big tour bus. In fact it was so relaxing that mom took a snoozer at our only stop at the, I forget what it was called, but it had a bunch of flowers; conservatory I think. Anyway, when the tour ended, our very nice bus driver took us on our very own tour, well actually he just took us to the south side of the city to the Museum of Science and Industry, where we spent the rest of the day. This was my very favorite museum. We could have spent a couple of days there. It was huge. There are some amazing exhibits. So instead of talking about them, I will just show a few pictures.


One of my favorite exhibits was the farm and the space. I also really enjoyed the yester year exhibit. Oh, how I am sure life was simpler 50 years ago. The space exhibit shows a televsion event from the day the first person landed and walked on the moon. It was pretty neat.

I was very dissapointed because the human heart exhibit wasn't going to be open until June. We missed it by a few weeks. I would have loved to walk through a human heart. I guess I will just have to go to Chicago again someday. We then took the bus back to the city where the other girls had to get a sample of two different popcorn's to see which had the best. I think our favorite was Nuts on Clark.
By then we were beat and decided to leave the city the same time as the rest of the city was getting off of work. Again, it was amazing to see the hords of people leaving the city.

1 comment:

  1. I like the picture of Tineille posing with the business men, and I think I might have a few questions about the "poop to power" picture. =)

    ReplyDelete