Saturday, July 8, 2017

From NC to Houston to Milwaukee

 Last Wednesday I flew into Houston.  My reason for going to Houston was for a consult with MD Anderson.  Dr. S and her team were wonderful...More on my consult in another post.  That afternoon my cousin Ben had his friend pick me up and take me to his house.  He came home from work early and then we went to dinner.  It was great to visit with him and so good to see him.
That evening Ben took me to spend the weekend with my friend Charleen.  She moved from Nampa 3 years ago.  She surely is missed, especially on pool days at my moms.  We spent 2 days at the pool which was so nice and relaxing.

Friday night on a whim we went to The Lion King on Broadway.  I've been wanting to see this for a long time.  It didn't disappoint.  I loved it. Before hand we had some delicious Texas BBQ.  I can never get enough BBQ.
Monday we went to the one and only Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory.  I mean what else do you do when it's hot?  It was such a fun place and the ice cream was of course delicious.
Monday evening I flew to Milwaukee; Check off Wisconsin on my states to visit...only 8 more states to go.  I went to visit my friends Emily and Antonio.  We have been friends since I moved to Charlotte.  It has been 6 years since I've seen them when we both moved from Charlotte.  Oh how I have missed the times Emily I sat and chatted for hours at Panera.

The fourth of July was super fun.  I think I've worked every 4th of July for the past 14 years.  We first went to a parade, probably the best parade I've been to.  It was 2 hours long, they threw lots of candy and there were 2 camels in the parade, but only 3 horses.  The weather was amazing!  After we had delicious pancakes for lunch.  Emily made the most delicious coconut syrup.  I'll post the recipe as soon as I have her send it to me.  We then went to a pool party and then watched fireworks from the top of a parking garage.
Wednesday we did some touring of Milwaukee.  It is an awesome city.  All of the houses are old and beautiful.  We first went to brunch, then to the Art Museum.  Tony and the kids met us at the Milwaukee Market where we bought some spices, balsamic veniger, a coconut lemonade that I'd never had and a lobster roll that was almost as delicious as the ones in MVY.  I couldn't leave without getting some fresh cheese curds.  Oh, yummy!
 It's been so fun to travel and see all of my amazing friends.  I'm so blessed to have many fabulous riends.  Coming back to Phoenix and home is always wonderful.  It was so fun that Pam was driving through to her new home in Kansas.  So of course we had to do some shopping, eat some ice cream and sushi.  Phoenix is home and I love being in my home, in my bed and enjoying the beautiful sunsets that we have here. 6 days home before I go back to Nampa and another adventure awaits.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment