Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Words can hardly express the love I have for my mom on this Mother’s Day. 
She is extraordinary, beautiful and extremely talented. 
She has survived her parents divorce, her mother’s death in her early 20’s, raising 7 resilient children and for the past 5 years she has watched me, her oldest daughter fight a disease that she wishes she could take away every day. 
She has cried many tears with me, wiped my own tears and prayed desperately for a miracle. 
She has hardly missed a Drs appointment, chemo treatment and if I’m not with her she calls everyday to see how I’m doing. Even over the phone she can tell how I’m feeling. 
She just knows because she’s my mother. 
She has great faith in the Lord and trust in his plan. Her compassion runs deep and wide. 
She worries long into the night and early morning hours about each of her children’s well-being. 
She never forgets to tell her children and grandchildren she loves them and to wear their seatbelts. She is immaculate at ironing, can bake any delicious dessert from scratch and keeps a sparkling clean house. 
She taught me to always look my best and to freshen my lipstick often. 
She encourages me to follow my dreams even when in my eyes they seem impossible. 
She reminds me often that I can do very hard things, that we can’t go around the hard, but through it. She is the best travel partner and never says no to a new adventure. 
She is fierce and opinionated, tender and bold, loving and kind and everything I hope to be someday. Thank You doesn’t come even close to the gratitude I have for all that she has done for me over the past 41 years and even more over the past 5 years. 
I sure love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment