Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Womens Conference, SLC Friends

Tuesday morning before I headed to SLC, my friend and fellow OVC cancer fighting camp buddy came to town.  It was so fun to have her visit.  We had acai bowls on my patio and caught up before she took me to the airport. 
I am always so happy to visit SLC.  I loved living there when I was in grad school and during my undergrad.  I especially love visiting during the spring when the tulips are in bloom. 
I was picked up by Tony, who took me to his cute home and then we met Tenielle for dinner.

Wednesday I went to my PA school and visited with my one of my teachers I hadn't seen since I graduated almost 15 years ago.  It was so good to see her.  I also had lunch with a former classmate and teacher at my favorite Red Butte, where I always get their house pasta salad.  I then met up with Tanner to see his new rental house, which is interesting and small but great for the young married couple!  Tenielle also met us there.  I then picked mom up from Alisha since she had driven down with her and we all went to Tanners house to chat.   We then made our way with Kayla to my cousin Amy's where we stayed the next two days while we attended BYU Women's Conference. 
Women's Conference was outstanding as always.  It has been 6 years since I last attended.  I loved that Kayla was able to join us.  There were so many uplifting talks, which brought me a sense of comfort and peace.  It was fun to have my cousins, aunts and friends attend with us!
Friday night it took us forever to get back to SLC but we made it and met Tony, Erin and Tanner for dinner.  That night and the following night I stayed at Tenielles.  It was fun to catch up with her and have some one on one time together.  Saturday morning we all got together for pedicures; of course!
It was then off to lunch with m dear friends from PA school!  Oh, how I love and adore each of them.
From there I spent a few hours with my very dear friends Matt and Shelley!  They are such great friends and I have such special wonderful memories of when we lived in Charlotte and when I visited them in NYC.
That evening we had dinner and went to a play with our friend Tyler.
Sunday I spent the day with Tenielle and then we visited Tanner and Kayla in their new house before Tenielle took me to the airport.  So much fun in such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment