Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quick and Totally Easy Chicken Corn Chowder

A sister that I VT has been sick this week, so I told her I would bring her dinner. I made bread this morning and then ran some errands. My errands were longer than I planned, so I changed the soup that I was going to make and ended up making my own concoction of Chicken Corn Chowder. It was so delicious that I had to share the recipe or at least write it down so that I don't forget it. I had it made and was out the door in 20 minutes, no joke.
Here it is my "Semi Homemade" Chicken Corn Chowder

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole potatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 can costco/sams chicken
1 can evaporated milk
1 can Chicken Corn Chowder (from Aldi's)
Celery 1/2 cup or so chopped
Carrots 1/2 cup or so chopped (or I shredded just a few, because I didn't have time to let them boil and soften)for color!
Frozen Corn I just dumped some in maybe 1/2 cup
2T sour cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

Bacon and Cheddar potato skins

Combine and bring to boil: chicken broth, celery and carrots until softened. Add frozen corn until soft.

In another pan combine creamed corn, whole potatoes (cut in pieces), chicken, not quite the entire can of milk (although I think you would be fine, I thought I had added the whole can and didn't), and Prepared Chicken Corn Chowder (if you have it). Warm, don't scorch the bottom.
Combine both pans and sour cream.
Serve with Bacon and Cheddar potato skins.

This was so delicious that I wished I could have eaten it with someone else. Maybe I will have to make this for my next RS Pres meeting. The best part about this was it only took less than 20 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you! Two posts in one week! =) This sounds yummy! The recipe from the Enrichment newsletter is on my menu for the week to try, too!

    ReplyDelete