Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summer's Over...Already?

I know, I hear you all, it's about time I updated my blog. I still have a valentine background, not because I am waiting to fall in love with some hot hunk, well, really I am, but because my background just won't change. I do everything I am suppose to, but I think there must be something blocked, which won't allow me to do it on my lap top.
I really have been wanting to update over the summer, but I ask you all, where did the summer go and has it really ended. I mean Labor Day is only 2 days away and after that, well, most people in the West put away their flip flops and shorts and pull out the sweater's and jackets. Don't get me wrong, I love fall days, but I am just not ready to put away my flip flops. Maybe that is why I continue to live in the south, where I only stop wearing them all day from December through February, of course I always keep them at the door, for short excursions.
I do love Fall or rather the cool evenings, which surprisingly we have had this week, deserts containing pumpkin and cinnamon, fall leaves and of course college football! There is something about Boise State Football (great game this week!), fall leaves (my tree's think fall is already here as the leaves are already turning colors or maybe the tree has just died), and yes, I do love sweaters, although I did buy a pair of shorts and flip flops this week. This year though I feel like my summer needs to last another month, which is why I am planning to go to the beach in 10 days. Maybe then I will feel ready to move out of summer and into fall.
This morning has been very relaxing. This is the first weekend that I didn't have anything planned. That just doesn't happen very often. I had origiannly planned to organize the garage, but feel I would be a little more successful doing a little shopping, not for clothes...I have plenty of those, but for decorations for my newly painted room. You see, when my parents were here last week. I of course had to put my father's talents to work as I always do when he comes to town. We or rather he put beadboard up in my room and mom and Tenielle(someone has to supervise...that was me) painted one wall blue, I am talking Boise State Blue. I was a little hesitant thinking that it would make the room look too dark, but it is breath taking. Okay, maybe that isn't quite the word, but it looks pretty awesome. The room kind of has a French Country look. So I figured I would put today to use and will try to find some decorations for the walls. My mom has suggested plates. Apparently they are the in thing...different shapes, colors, sizes. Mom also feels I need a chair in one of the corners. The wall between the windows needs a large mirror, which my be pricey and hard to find, but will be quite the asset to the room. So I will head to my nearest TJ Max, although I had planned to wait until my beach trip, as there is a huge TJ Max/Homegoods at Hilton Head. Maybe I will hit a few yard sales or even maybe the goodwill. You never know what you might find. So there you have something to read today. I know I say I am going to keep up on this, so here is to a new beginning...hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. What?? An update from Terah? I did a double take because your title hasn't changed for SO LONG! =)

    I had to laugh when you said shopping because I immedidately pictured you heading off to Talbots. =) Good to know you were shopping for your house instead.

    I want to come see the entire master bedroom masterpiece when it's done, so let me know!

    ReplyDelete