Friday, October 9, 2009

Aidree's Day

I really wish I had the time to write my thoughts each day. But life is so busy and doesn't allow for such enjoyment, but today I am making the time. Today as I type, I hold in my arms my most precious niece Aidree Lin. She has my chin. I truly believe Grandma Gladys Swensen sent each of her great grand babies down with her pointy chin. I have had Aidree mostly all to myself today, well that is except for a few minutes while my mother stopped by to bring me lunch and probably to check in on me. Hello, I may not be a mother at age 32, but I do know how to do this kind of thing.
Tristen had a continuing education course from 8-5 today. So that is why I have been with Aidree all day. Aidree screamed at the top of her lungs this morning around 9:30. I got her dressed along with a pink bow in her hair. I was sure she was hungry so I tried to feed her a bottle. It just wasn't the real thing and took her several minutes to decide she was hungry enough to eat. She fell asleep for a few minutes, enough for me to put my make up on, before she was awake again. She fell asleep in my arms, I laid her down, did my hair and she was awake again, this time with her second dirty diaper for the day. It was the third dirty diaper that helped her fall asleep for at least 30 minutes. When she woke up again, I decided I would try to feed her again, that was about 2:00. She fell asleep about 2:30. I laid her down, thinking I would be able to finish my enrichment newsletter. Nope, she was awake by three.

So I have decided, that instead of doing anything that really isn't important today, that I will just sit here and hold my sweet little niece, because today it doesn't matter if I get the newsletter finished, or if I study for boards, or read a book. I am going to enjoy the next few hours listening to Aidree moan in her sleep and the fact that I can enjoy this moment, because it will never return. I remember a quote I heard when I lived in Kentucky, which said, "Enjoy the season you are in, because you will never be able to go back to that season." So today, I am enjoying this sweet child so fresh from heaven and the spirit that she has brought with her to this earth. I am sure she had great potential. It will be fun to see what kind of person she will become.
As I have sat here today, I have pondered on how I can love someone so much, when I just met them. The love that comes each time a new grand baby enters our family is indescribable. All of a sudden your heart feels this new love and makes me understand maybe a little of how our Heavenly Father loves each of us.
Last night I did sealings with Jason, Alisha and their ward. It was a wonderful experience as I was able to ponder the blessings of eternal families and imagine the joy of the families that we were being proxy for to be sealed together. How truly blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives that allow us to know that we can be together with our families for eternity.
She is awake now. I think that she must just want to stare up to her Auntie Terah, so that she can remember me, for when I leave for a few months again.

1 comment:

  1. I just like picturing you so relaxed!! =) Especially with the upcoming Fabulous Friday stressing you out, you deserve a day to sit and do nothing but bond with your niece!

    ReplyDelete