Wednesday, November 11, 2009

When will you ever have more time than you do right now?

This is a great one, "When will you have more time than you do right now?" I always thought that when I graduated from grad school that I would have so much time on my hands, yea right. I think that life just got busier with different things, like work, callings, gym time, me time...but actually, when I look back ten years from now, I believe I will say I had so much more time ten years ago. Today is a great example. I worked the 7-5 shift. Usually I go the gym after this shift, but after working out too hard the past two days, I decided to give myself a day to rest my muscles. So tonight I have nothing planned, well actually some ladies in my ward are doing a cooking night, but because of the rain, wind, and chill in the air, I decided that I just wanted to go home. It doesn't happen too often that I actually have a few unplanned hours just to myself. I am sure you are saying what do you mean, you are single and have plenty of time for yourself, but actually the past few weeks every waking minute I was doing things for other people. A few weeks ago the quote of the day from President Hinckley's book said, "Time is really all we have. And every individual has an equal portion of it. The trick is to get more out of what is available to us." I have been thinking about this often, especially when I hear people say they are just to busy for this or for that. We all have the same amount of time, it just depends on how we use that time. We can never get time wasted back, so use it wisely. So tonight maybe I will start a new book or watch the CMA's or finish the blanket I have been meaning to finish for my friends baby, because ten years from now I hope that I have a different kind of busy, with less time for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment