Monday, November 16, 2009

You Don't Need A Title To Make A Difference

I am sitting on my couch watching the Oprah/Sarah Pallin interview. No, I don't watch Oprah often and actually missed the 4 o clock showing, so am watching the later version. But I really liked Sarah's comment to Oprah when she was asked if she planned to run for President in 2012. She said,"I have learned you don't need a title to make a difference" What a great come back. That is so true. We can make a difference every day. I remember having a really bad day during my ER rotation when I was in school. I had taken a break and was talking to my friend who was in New Orleans doing his rotations. I will never forget what he said that day, "You can't change everyone, but you can effect every person." I really try to live by that, especially at work. Some day's are better than other's. We can all make a difference and an impact on other's lives and usually do in either a good or bad way. Hopefully always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment