Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

My grandma Betty sent me a book soon after I moved to Charlotte called, Ever Wonder ask questions and live into the answer. In the book she enclosed a letter which reads, "I enclose a book for you. I purchased one for myself and then decided that I would have enjoyed having a copy when I was young. I am writing my thoughts on each page as I think about what the printed sentance means to me. I would have liked to read each page at 20 something, 40 something, 60 something, and have written at each re-reading what the phrase meant to me at each age. If you just read through it once-and do not write your responses-it seems to me it brings insights and new thoughts with each page."
This book sits on my bookshelf staring at me each time I sit down at my computer and so I have decided to take the questions and answer them from time to time on my blog. So the first question say's, "When was the last time you did something for the first time? It was actually a few weeks ago. You see, 14 months ago Grandma Betty asked me what my goal was for the next few months. My answer was get a passport and start the cycleing class at the gym. Well, I actually just started the Cycleing class and absolutely love it. Yes, my hind end is a little sore, but is actually getting use to the seat. I have never really been a biker, because my short little legs never quite reach the pedals; for reals. In fact the first class the teacher commented that the bike seat only went so low. And actually this is the first time that I have answered questions from this book, which she actually sent to me on 10/7/2005. So tell me, when was the last time you did something for the first time?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...well, I'd never used modge podge before until recently...when a dear friend asked me to help with her Fabulous Friday! =)

    ReplyDelete