Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Day!

To my loyal 5 readers: I apologize for not blogging. My only excuse is that well, actually I don't have a good excuse. With it being a holiday and all I have been thinking since early this morning of what this day means to me. Actually, I just keeping thinking of what a fun mom I have. When we were kids she would put brocolli in our hair to top off our green outfits. I always remember coming home to sugar cookies with green frosting and green sprinkles and of course she always made the dreaded corned beef with cabbage and only for my brother Troy who liked it. And we always had green jello. I love jello all flavors, but green isn't my favorite! So today when I got ready to go to the gym I had to put my green St. Patricks day socks on that I bought at Target. Actually I have several pairs, because they match my green scrubs, so it wasn't like I had to search for the one and only pair, because I have so many of them. I call them my lucky socks and always wear them when I work my weekend nights hoping for a good night. So yes, I did look a little odd in my tight black capri's and my royal blue Kentucky shirt, but at least I have the St. Patricks day spirit and I was at the gym for a whole 2 hours. I wish I was as fun as my mom is, but for now I have no one to make sugar cookies with green frosting and green sprinkles and green jello for, so maybe I will just have to settle for a Reuban sandwhich to celebrate the rest of the day. Three years ago I was home for St. Patricks day, which was the day I met my first nephew. I bought him the cutest St. Patricks day shirt. If I was on my other computer, I would have uploaded pictures from that day, but since I'm not, you will just have to imagine it. Happy St. Patricks day to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not as fun as your mom, but I have the solution: you can bake sugar cookies for me! =)

    ReplyDelete