Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's That Time Folks...

This week started out ok. I worked 3 night shifts. Then had 24 hours off. In that 24 hours I checked something off on my summer bucket list. I attended a class at the gym that was half Pilate's and half yoga. Totally loved it. Too bad they only have it Tuesday evenings. I then worked 3 day shifts. Ugh. It really wasn't too bad of a week until Thursday. I don't know what the deal was but every single patient had at least 5 complaints and nothing was even wrong with them. To make a long story short my nurse actually told me to take some time to decompress. Seriously. So I did and then realized I had to go back to apologize to all of my nurses and my secretary for coming unglued. If there is one thing I have learned in my life it is that I have no problem apologizing when I have done wrong. Especially at work. I hate the pins and needles feeling so if it is me, I try to make it not so uncomfortable, especially when I need their help. I can probably count on 1 hand when I've actually come unglued in the last 5 years, which is a good thing. That afternoon went just about as the morning did except coming unglued again and it was all I could do to get to my car with out bursting into tears like a girl. When I went to grab my keys from the Dr.s lounge, my keys were gone. I put them in the same spot every day. The funny thing is that morning I had put them in my bag and thought to myself, that isn't what I typically do, better do things the way I usually do, which I did. Well, I should have listened to that prompting. Thankfully my friend Carley had my spare. After 2 hours of sitting in the Dr's lounge waiting for Carley I finally was able to leave work, still not knowing where my keys were. Of course I got in my car, called mom and told her I was quitting. To top it off, when I got home I got a lovely letter from my HOA telling me I needed to appear in HOA court or pay a fee because my grass was too long. For crying out loud. Stupid people who need a life. Whatever. By the way at 1:15am I learned that another Dr. had accidentally taken my keys, he does have the same car. He felt really bad and drove back to the hospital from another hospital that very morning to bring me my unneeded keys at that time.

Handsome man called to see how the rest of my day had gone, since he knew about my coming unglued. It was all I could do not to burst into tears the second I said hello, however it didn't take but a few minutes until I did. Totally saw a different, very compassionate side of him. I liked it. But felt like a fool that I couldn't control my girly emotions. Oh, well. That night in my scripture study I got the answers that I needed, answers that I have been looking for over the past several months. And when I was at work yesterday I felt sure of those answers. I even voiced those feelings to my girlfriend Cassie after work. It wasn't until today that those feelings and answers were confirmed. So it is with confidence that things will change in the coming months. I know that it will be a sad change, but one that I have been leading up to for some time. Time will tell what those changes will be, but I know with full faith and confidence that it will be a very wonderful change one that I look forward to and one that will give me new experiences where I will continue to meet wonderful people who will effect my life for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment