Monday, July 18, 2011

It's Official...

One month ago today I made the decision that it was time to quit my job and move on to something new and different. Never in a million years did I think it would happen so quickly. Today I accepted a position in Deer Lodge, MT. I am so excited for this position, because it entails 3 days of family practice, one day a week I'll be on call 24hours for the ER and do urgent care that day. Every 3 weekends I will be on call for the ER; this entails being on call from my home. They usually see about 5-6 patients a day in the ER. If I admit a patient, I will follow them through their hospital stay. I have had experience in family practice, emergency medicine, and as a hospitalist. I will be going from a city of 2 million to a town of 4,000. I am stoked to have life slow down and to live in a small town. I have always said I was going to live in a small town and here I go. I am excited to be able to have the full spectrum of health care in one job. I am sure this is where I am needed in the coming months. I have no doubt about the decision that I have made. When I started this process my mom told me if it was right everything would fall into place and so far it has. The easy part was finding the right job. The hard part is about to start. Trying to sell my house in this crazy market. When I moved across the country I loaded everything I owned into Meg my VW Jetta, but now I have a fully loaded 4 bedroom home and don't have any idea where to start. Lucky for me a moving company will come and pack most of my belongings and move them across the country for me. I do need to go through everything and get rid of things that I don't need, which is going to be quite the job. I have so much stuff. Handsome MT man gave me no help in this decision. He told me it was my decision and that I needed to make it on my own. So over the past week I haven't really talked to him about it. Today when I told him that I accepted it, he was so excited and told me he knew that I was going to accept it because after my interview I was radiating when I talked about the job. My job requires that I give a 90 notice, which I officially gave yesterday. My last day will be Oct. 14. The good thing with the 90 notice is that I have 3 weeks of vacation over that period, so it should go fast. The best part however is 2 of those weeks start on Thursday! So for now the packing and such can wait for 2 weeks so that I can enjoy time with my nieces and nephews, siblings, and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment