Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Vacation Begins!


Boise's Welcoming Committee!
It's that time again that even as an adult I look forward to. The time when you can sleep in, be lazy, eat what you want, and just relax. Summer vacation; it's just not for kids. In fact I think as an adult it's even better. I arrived in Boise on Thursday evening. Mom picked me up from the airport at the curb of course. Yesterday morning I spent some time over at Grandma Betty's chatting about my future. She is always full of wisdom and advice. Yesterday afternoon Troy, Becki and the boys came over. We had such fun with them. I can't believe how big they are getting. We then got ready for the big 24th of July celebration. It has always been the tradition to have a parade. I love that tradition even as an adult. Tyler and Danielle came just as Troy and Becki left. Their boys are growing up so much too.

My dad loves his ward and is involved in everything they do. Such a good example.

Today mom and I did a little shopping and I read a book. Then I went over to my cousin Alisha's, while I waited for Tenielle to get to Tristen's since they brought her back with them from SLC. It was also then that I was able to meet my new niece Bridget. She is a doll as is her big sister Aidree, even though she doesn't like to pose for pictures quite yet. I'm sure she will in the future.



We then met mom and dad at the annual Snake River Stampede, the hometown rodeo. It was always so much better when it was outside in the blistering heat. However we had great seats and enjoyed ourselves much. I was surprised that I didn't see a single person I knew. Never has that ever happened in my history of going to this hometown event. Very sad that Nampa has gotten that big.



No comments:

Post a Comment