Friday, June 3, 2016

Sizzling Summer FF

1.  Oh, goodness may I just say I've been counting down this week.  I've worked every day and still have another shift tomorrow.  I forgot how much I don't like working 6 days in a row.  I'm also realizing I'm not cut out for it anymore, whether it is from age, experience, or chemo/cancer.  I've completed 8 of my 16 shifts in 20 days which means only 8 more shifts and 12 days before I get to go home to have another round of chemo, see my nieces and nephews, mom and dad and meet my new niece.
2.  It was a whopping 113 today.  Summer in Phoenix is official.  Too blasted hot for my liking.  And tomorrow it's suppose to be another record of 117.  So maybe it is best to be working in an a/c office.  Maybe my aunt Leslie is right, too HOT.
3.  I'm missing the fact that for the past 3 years at this time I was counting down my days until I went to MVY.  I'm totally bummed to not be going there this summer.  But at least I still get a picture every day from Vineyard Colors.  Hopefully next summer.
4.  I have an amazing neighbor.  This week she did my yard work, worked on my sprinklers and brought me an entire watermelon.  She is my angel and I'm so grateful for her.  Today when I got home from work we enjoyed an hour chatting in her pool.
5.  These darlings graduated from Kindergarten.  I can hardly believe it.  Stop growing so fast.
6.  I'm loving these picture's of darling Graham and the K's.  
7.  My nights are filled with phone calls and FaceTime, my days are filled with occasional texts, and my dreams are often silly ones with him in them (Like 2 nights ago when I dreamt he came out in some brown silk pants and a baby blue sweater; eek).  I'm still counting down to June 26...only 23 days until I get to touch him again.  

1 comment:

  1. How is it going with Him??? Such darling kids I dearly love the one of the baby!! Did I read right did you say aunt Leslie is right, how long I've wanted to hear those words, they are music to my ears!!!

    ReplyDelete