Sunday, May 29, 2016

Bearing One Another's Burdens

Today in church we discussed one of my most favorite parts of the Book Of Mormon.  This is what we covenant when we are baptized.  It's in Mosiah 18:8-9

"And it came to pass that he said unto them:  Behold, here are the waters of Mormon and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light; yea and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life."

In our discussion at church, I had the opportunity to share how my burden of cancer seems so much lighter than it should because of the amazing support system that I have here in my amazing ward in Phoenix and throughout the country.  I'm so incredibly blessed to have people who love me, support me, pray for me, mourn with me and take care of me.  I can't even begin to imagine my life and going through this trial and other trials without the loads of people in Terah's Army.

Tonight I had a phone call from one of my dear friends Steve who I met when I moved to Charlotte.  At the end of our conversation he told me that he was sure that people always said this to me, but he really meant it.  He told me that I was an inspiration to him as I've taken this trial and dealt with it with such grace.  He is right I hear this so often.  My reply to him as tears streamed down my cheeks because of his kind words where exactly what I said in church.  This trial, which should feel so burdensome, feels lighter because of the amazing people in my life.  

So to each of you I say Thank You for bearing my burden with me, I Love You and together we'll get through this.

1 comment:

  1. You sure do have an army that loves and admires you!! I'm proud to be one of them!!

    ReplyDelete