Monday, May 9, 2016

Lauren Visits

Last week my friend Lauren, left her 4 boys and husband behind in NC and came clear out here to Phoenix to visit me.  We had us a wonderful time together.  The time went way too fast and before it, 6 days had come and gone and it was time for her to go home.  We did accomplish a whole lot while she was here, but not as much as I'd hoped.  I guess she will just have to come out again to finish up all that I have on my to-do-list.

I finally got my countertops put it!   I love them.  It is so nice to be able to wash my hands and brush my teeth in the sink.  Oh, the things you take for granted.  The kitchen is still a work in progress, but it will be finished soon.
Here are some of the things we accomplished:

The main bathroom:  This included a new shower head, changing the toilet thingy which took some major muscles, adorning the room, painting the bathroom...the paint was suppose to be gray, but on the walls it looks blue.  I like it though.  It reminds me of the ocean, which you can see if the theme of the bathroom.  It needs a matching mirror, but for now this one will work.  I feel like this room is pretty much put together.
The guest room:  I remembered I had this great beachy bedspread.  Lauren has a great idea to put up a long bookshelf and adorn it with great beach reads.  That's going on the to-do-list.

The fireplace mantle:  It's totally coming along.  We needs some greenery or something to put in the jars, but I like it.  I especially like the vase and sticks we got to cover up the weird counter space not there.
Dining Room:  We used Monkey hooks to hang this picture.
Kitchen:  We unpacked the cookbook box, because Lauren is tall enough to put them up in a cabinet that I can't reach.  I now only have 2 boxes in the kitchen that I need to unpack and then the kitchen is about put together.

While Lauren was in town we spent a day at the spa, tried out new restaurants, did a lot of shopping and had lunch with my friends Michelle and Nicole.

Lauren let me cry a lot over my CA-125 which went from 29 to 55 and having chemo side effects, given I had chemo the day after she arrived.  Boo cancer.  I just want it to go away.

A true friend paints your bathroom and puts her hands in your toilet.  Come back soon my friend, next time when I'm not having chemo.

1 comment:

  1. She is a true friend and I love her because she was so sweet to you!!

    ReplyDelete