Monday, January 23, 2017

Shrimp Cilantro Lime Salad

Oh, yes I'm back in the kitchen.  It is so nice too.  Tonight I wanted to use up what I had at home since I do my grocery shopping on Double Ad Wednesday at Sprouts.  I wanted something with shrimp and something light.

Wow, this was even more than I expected it to be.  So yummy.  And I'm not really a cilantro fan, but this dressing/marinade was incredible.  Definitely a new favorite.

Dressing/Marinade
combine a handful (or 2 depending on the size at your table) of cilantro
a pinch of salt and pepper
a little olive oil or avocado oil which is what I use
the juice of 1 1/2 limes
a few shakes of chili powder
a few squirts of agave

Combine in vitamix or food processor.

Marinate shrimp for only 10 minutes. 
Put a little avocado oil in a pan and cook shrimp.  Don't over cook or it will be rubbery.

Combine chopped
Romain lettuce
Cucumbers
Avocado
Tomato's
Add:
Shrimp
Dressing
Mix and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment