Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas 2017

I went home a week before Christmas.  In those days we did some baking of course.  Mom and I spent a lot of time making the kids pillow cases to match their personalities.  I'd venture to say they were a hit with the kidos.
Christmas Eve I helped dad make the meat for dinner.  We had an amazing tri tip which we smoked on the traeger.  We also made a prime rib on the traeger for New Years Eve.  I've decided it's time for me to buy my first grill and just skip to a smoker.  I've always been a smoked meat kind of girl, well at least since I lived in the South. 

The only time I really happy about having snow is around Christmas.  It started snowing Friday night before Christmas and the snow lasted the entire time I was home because it was just plain freezing.  At least it was pretty and we had a white Christmas. 
This Christmas was a little different, but turned out to be wonderful.  Tenielle came home for a few days before Christmas, but Tanner and Kayla stayed in Utah.  I was happy that Tony and Erin stayed at mom and dad's, because it would have just been strange to wake up Christmas morning to just the 3 of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment