Friday, December 29, 2017

December

Wowzer's where has December gone?  I literally savored every moment of this month.  I love that Thanksgiving was a tad earlier and that we didn't have to jump right into December.  My cousin Abe flew back from Thanksgiving with me and stayed at my house for a few days because he had a conference.  It was super fun to have him in my home. One day while he was here we went to see the lights at the Mesa Temple.  They are amazing and I love it because it's nice and warm, unlike the beautiful Temple Square lights in SLC where it's freezing.

December 1 I attended my first concert by the Millennial Choir and orchestra.  I've been told its incredible and by far it was one of my most favorite live events I've ever been to.  It was so beautiful and definitely brought me right into the Christmas spirit.  I went with my friend Barbara.  It was an early concert, which was nice, because after we attended my work party at the AZ Museum of Natural History.  It was pretty awesome with several large dinosaurs that welcomed us there.  They had it on the rooftop.  It was a pretty cool party.
I decided that since I was home for a few weeks in December and since I haven't put up Christmas decorations but twice in my adult life, that I would do just that.  I'm so glad that I did, because I enjoyed it so much and might just enjoy it for a few more weeks until mom and dad come and Mom makes me take them down.  There is a sense of peace that comes from a dark house with only the Christmas tree lights on. 

On December 2 I watched college football and put up my Christmas decorations.  I'm always a little sad when football season comes to an end, because have I ever mentioned that I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL?   I attended our church's live nativity.  It was so so-real and so precious.  I loved that it was nice and warm outside.
December 4-7 I met my parents, Tony and Erin and my Aunt's great niece Maddie at Disneyland.  Maddi had never been and I was so happy to let her experience all of the magic and happiness of Disneyland, especially at Christmas time.  She loved it and we were all totally worn out by the end of the first day, but of course we did it 2 more days.  One of the days my friend and her family also met us there.  The more the merrier! 
December 8 I went to the Nutcracker ballet/Phoenix Symphony Orchestra with my cousins and aunt.  I have been wanting to see this for many years.  It didn't disappoint in the least bit.  I loved the costumes and of course I love the music.  Oh, it was just wonderful.  A new tradition for me for sure.
On December 11 I attended the best little school orchestra and band concerts that my cousins kids play in.  They did an amazing job and I so much enjoyed the Christmas music they played.

I've been planning my backyard and now front yard makeovers for the last few months.  I want it to be perfect, so I'm planning every detail.  Come mid-end of January I'm going to be loving my days on the patio with a book in my hand.

I went home for Christmas on December 18.  Yep two weeks at home!  And you know it was pretty fun, except that I was on the couch a lot because of some discomfort.  We even got a huge surprise; a white Christmas and some freezing cold temps.  Definitely another post for all of the excitement of the holidays will follow soon.  I pretty much stayed warm by wearing this awesome new robe I found at Costco and my new found love for Ugg's which I bought in Phoenix, go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment