Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MOM & DAD ARE COMING

Okay, so I kind of feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, maybe that is why I still have my Christmas decorations up, which my mother insisted I have down before she arrives, as she will not be helping me take them down as she did last year at this time. Anyway, I feel like a kid because my mom and dad are coming on Tuesday. This may sound funny, but I have been waiting for a year for them to come again to help me with my honey-do list; meaning, I have a lot of things that I can't wait to get accomplished. You see, there are just some things that I can't do by my self. For instance, a few months ago I bought the light bulbs for the fan/light in my bedroom. I haven't put them in as I am unable to reach that far, even standing on the bed. Therefore, the light bulbs have been on the floor in the bedroom since I bought them. I know, pathetic. I also want to put shelves up in my garage and my under stairs storage space. I need to decorate my upstairs reading nook and my bedroom. I would like my dad to build me a box garden, since the soil here really stinks at growing anything, except weeks. I want to do some yard work...I don't know what but something so that I don't get another nasty letter from the HOA telling me that my lawn needs some work. My dad always tells me that I need to find him some tools, well, the neighbor across the street just offered tonight to let me borrow anything I need and he has every thing. I am sure dad never imagined I would get all the supplies lined up, but now I have!

No really, it will be nice to have my parents here. It seems like forever since they last visited. Really it has been. They last came in May with the rest of the family, but we had no time to do any thing around the house that time. And they came for four days last February, but that didn't give us much time. So my mom will be here for 17 days and my dad for 7, although I have suggested that he extend his trip a few more days, so we can accomplish much. It is always fun to have guests. I guess that means I need to take down the Christmas decorations and spiffy up the house, so mom doesn't see the clutter or else she will clean it up and I won't be able to find things when she leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment