Thursday, February 5, 2009

National Weatherman's Day

I am just listening to our lovely weather man, who just informed his viewer that Charlotte hasn't had this cold and this long of a winter since 1996. That means we here in the south are just not use to this cold weather. I know, everyone tells me that I should be use to it since I grew up in Idaho, but as my dear friend Sylvia said, "my blood now runs warm." The last three mornings have been in the teens. That is just too cold. My feet are freezing as we speak. I have a jacket on, the thermastat should probably be turned up to more than 66, but I have the space heater on in the middle of the kitchen, and if I turned the thermastat up any more, I would roast up stairs, because heat rises, it is 74 degrees up stairs. I have been wearing a jacket underneath my white jacket at work this week. I look pretty silly, but it only stays on a few hours until I get warmed up. Although today one side of my rooms were roasting and the other side were freezing. My nurse who came on at 3pm finally fixed them, although by then I was warmed up and told her to turn the rooms down more. We are expecting a warm up here this weekend 60 degree's, which the weather man thinks it will be the end of our cold streak and winter. Although the first winter I was here, we had a huge snow storm the middle of February. I believe it was a record of 12 inches and the whole city shut down for three days. I sure hope the the ground hog is right, when he saw his shadow this week, meaning spring is right around the corner.
I am leaving town Saturday to enjoy 70 in Montgomery, AL and I am really looking forward to not being so cold.

1 comment:

  1. This whole week is going to be nice! Just one of the many reasons why I love living here!!

    ReplyDelete