Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another Inspiring General Conferance

I very much enjoyed watching conference this weekend. I love how Heavenly Father always makes it possible for me to have important weekends off like this one. I learned so much and was reminded of how much Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ loves us. I am so very blessed to have been born into a family where the gospel was already a part of their lives. I loved how so many of the talks focused on temple attendance and the blessings of attending the temple "You are never lost when you can see the temple.", finding joy in change, finding joy in the Atonement, and how challenges will come, but if we have hope and faith, we shouldn't fear. My favorite talk was by Kevin W. Pearson on Faith. He said that to have faith is to have confidence in something or someone. He quoted Bruce R. McConkie "Faith is always given when righteousness is present." He also said that if you allow fear and doubt to control you, you do not have faith.
I also enjoyed the talk given by the new General Authority Neil L. Anderson he said, "It is not by chance that we are who we are."
Elder Bednar said something that really made me think, he said, "There is a difference between those who go to worship in the temple and those who simply go to the temple."
Jose Teixeira quoted President Monson when he said, "Decisions determine our Destiny."
And President Monson said, "The future is as bright as your faith." "Be Strong, Be Clean. Go to the temple often, it is were we can find peace.
I agree with President Monson that the future is bright and I feel there are going to be some great things happening in my life in the near future. My faith has been strengthened and my goal is to let go of my fear, because faith and fear can not coexist. So my friends, it is onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment