Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Short Visit At Home










I know, I am a slacker. I am going to try to do better this month and keep up. So because I am a slacker, I have to write about my trip home. A few weeks ago mom and I drove to Raleigh after I worked all day. We stayed at the Marriott for a few hours. I mean a few hours because I worked until 10 uptown and then came home and packed. We didn't get on the road until after 11pm and we got there around 2am. I really don't think that I even slept. Our flight left at 7:15am. I had gotten us a room on price line for $50 and they let me leave my car there for free, so it was better than paying for parking at the airport. We had a rather enjoyable flight because the plane had TV. I actually was able to watch the Today show live. It was totally awesome and made the trip not seem so long. We landed in SLC around 945am, but sat on the tarmac for at least 30 min. Dad picked us up and we met the girls to have pedicures. Yes, first things first! It was enjoyable as always. We then went to Gardner Village for a quick shopping trip. Then we headed home for a quick snoozer before heading to Maddox for dinner to celebrate mom's birthday. It was a very enjoyable day, but boy was I ready to hit the sack by 10, no staying up and playing cards for me. The reason we had all met in SLC was because for everyone to get there taxes done. Well, just before going in, Tenielle called to make sure because they hadn't given us a reminder call, sure enough, somehow we had gotten erased off of the schedule. They felt bad, but I didn't, because I think it is boring and Tenielle dose mine anyway.
Saturday morning I was up early of course. We had french toast my favorite, celebrated mom's birthday(which I think we did for at least 4 or 5 days) with cake, and then headed home to Nampa. Saturday night Tanner and I went to get take out from Nampa's own Hong Kong. Sunday we had the kids over after church for dinner. Monday Tristen, Jeanne, Becky, Danielle, mom and I went to lunch to celebrate mom's birthday again. We then went to the Deseret Industries, my favorite. I got 3 pairs of shoes and 4 books for $16! I went home and Kadyn took a nap in Auntie Terah's arms. They are so darling when they are asleep.
That night Troy and Becky came over to have banana splits. Yes, that is all we do when I go home is eat. It is all about food, because I am a social eater and I like to eat with other people. Gavin was so cute because he wanted every one's strawberries.

Tuesday Mom and I went to Amanda's and got our hair done. I took a few inches off of my hair. It was just getting too long and I really needed a change. Tanner, Mom, Deseri, Alisha, Tristen and I met for Lunch at our favorite Pizza Parlor; Idaho Pizza. They have the best salad bar around. Then Alisha and I went with her kids to see Marley and Me. I had read the book and really enjoyed both even though I am not a dog person. Dad picked me up at Artic Circle where we had to get our traditional Ice Cream cone.
Wednesday Troy, Becky, Mom, Dad and I went to the 1030 session at the Temple. It was so nice. It was shift change, so there were many people dressed in White. They were all lining the hall as we went into the room. Brother Francis was one of them. As I went in I thought, I wonder if this is what Heaven is like? As I got to the veil, I recognized the voice on the other side was Grandpa Swensen. It was a very wonderful experience for both of us. As I sat in the Celestial Room I thought, yes, this is what Heaven is like. As I was coming out, I saw Sister Ferguson. I love that woman. She means so much to me and it was so wonderful to chat with her for a while.
That night I made the amazing Italian Delight, passed from my cousin Callie to Emilie and to me. The family loved it, even my dad who really isn't a pasta fan.
We sat around and watched the babies entertain us and I took them outside in the rain, as they learned that night how to open the deadbolt on the door and wanted to go outside all night.
Thursday I flew home. It was a very fun time and always way to short, but well worth the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment