Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Can't Sleep

It is nearly 2:30am and I am still awake. I left work an hour late today completely and totally exhausted, yet I am still awake. My eyes are super tired but my mind will not turn off. 11-9 shift is worse than the night shift. For some reason I can't seem to sleep after this shift. Probably because it is so busy. It didn't help today that I had a killer headache from working out too hard this morning. Those kind of headaches are annoying. It finally went away after 1 aleve, 1 excederin for migraine, and 1 motrin 800. When I left today there were still 30 patients in the waiting room and all 35 rooms were full. It was pretty bad because the computers went down just after I got to work. Crazy, Crazy, busy. Someday I will have a normal sleep schedule and work schedule. I feel it coming. I just need to have a little patience. I did tell the ER director today that "this place is wearing me out." He agreed and said that things are suppose to be getting better by August. That's 3 months away.

We had us a crazy thunderstorm tonight. I love southern storms, but the lightening was almost out of this world. At one point when I turned on the news they said there had already been 967 lightening strikes. Glad none hit my house. All is calm now, so I should be able to go to sleep right? I sure hope so, because I have another 11-9 shift coming up in 8 1/2 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment