Thursday, May 19, 2011

I think I Missed Something...

May is almost over. I think I missed a few weeks. Oh, yes I probably did because I have been working the past 8 of 9 days. Well, really 10, but the one day doesn't count because I got off that morning from working 3 nights in a row. Seriously the first 5 days were horrible. In fact they were so horrible that I said out loud on two of them that I was quitting. They were bad. I mean really, really bad. Yesterday the director of the ER called me and asked me about the weekend. I spent at least 30 minutes spilling my complaints. I was surprised at the end of the conversation when he said, "In 5 years I have never heard you complain." I think that was a compliment, not sure but I took it that way. I do complain, just not to the person who is in charge. In fact I have this great friend Jodia who I work with that I complain to. I always tell her she is my therapist. We listen to each other complain which makes us feel better and then we go back to work. I have been reassured that come August things will be much better. So what am I suppose to do until then? That's two and a half months away and by then we will have hired on a new batch of new grads just fresh out of residency. I'm trying to have patience, but I think my patience is wearing very thin. Thank goodness the last two days have been somewhat better. I'm really hoping for some kind of gigantic change in the next 6 months that gets me out of there. I've done my time, gotten my experience, and something new is brewing around the corner I really feel it. Just got to endure patiently...
I must say there was a patient today who swallowed at least 7, 7 1/2 inch screws. Who does that and how does that happen I'll never know, but I saw x-rays to prove it and it really does happen. Of course ETOH was involved, not much brains but I'm sure enough ETOH. Seriously people...

No comments:

Post a Comment