1. This week I worked Saturday and Tuesday. But I'm about to embark on a 5 day stretch starting today. The last 2 days that I've worked have been rather busy and I'm told this is the busiest weekend on the island. Let's hope for a good 5 day stretch. I've met some very nice people in the ED and work with some of the best people. We all get along so well.
2. Sunday I got 2 callings; 1 to play the piano as they haven't had anyone able to play in 5 years and the other is to teach the 6, 7, 8 year olds in Primary. I'm excited for this calling. I haven't taught Primary since I was 18 and graduating from High School.
3. Sunday I had dinner with some people in my ward including my new friend Melanie. We had dinner at her house. She has a pool which is heated and where I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time this summer. It was fun to sit and chat with these people outside with a cool, dry temperatures and a little wind.
4. Mr. J can't believe that I haven't sat on the beach since I've been here, so Monday I took my new beach chair and my book to the beach. It was so relaxing and enjoyable, but would be more enjoyable with a friend. I stayed out max 1 1/2 hours but got a sun burn on my chest that has hurt up until yesterday. I'll be wearing sun screen from now on.
5. Wednesday after I went to the gym I got a call from Melanie inviting me to come swim. There were two other ladies from the branch there with their kids too; Lisa and Leah. I had also met them on Sunday and am sure we will all become great friends.
6. Yesterday I went to the library and got more books, movies and cd's. I got a few recipe books because I love a good recipe! I was so excited to get the latest Walking book by Richard Paul Evans! My Aunt Leslie had it in Phoenix, but I didn't have time to read it before I left. These are always fast reads and super enjoyable.
8. I got a new dress yesterday! I ordered it on Jane.com and got it yesterday. It is hot pink and white chevron print and perfect for the summer!
9. I miss Mr. J a lot. I can't wait to see him and my family in 3 weeks!