Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Adult Summer Reading

I'm so excited to have found a library that has an adult summer reading program, because you all know my love for summer reading programs.  It goes from Today through August 31.  It's a book bingo!  If you read 4 books in a row according to different categories you get a five dollar gift certificate to the local chocolate store, plus you get your name put in for different prizes.  What I like most about this program is that it gives me an opportunity to brach out from what I otherwise might not read.

Books I plan on reading and their categories:

*Read a book set in the summertime:  Final Jeopardy by Gillian Flynn who also has a new book out called Gone Girl.  Final Jeopardy also takes place in MVY.  I saw this author on the Today Show.
*Read a book with a one word title:  Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  I found this by a FB feed about books that are coming out as movies in 2014; as well as the one below.
*Read a book on a school reading list:  Alex and the terrible, horrible, no good very bad day.
*Read a book with a lion, a witch or a wardrobe:  The Witch at Blackbird Pond.  I remember reading this as a kid and have wanted to read it since knowing I was going to spend my summer in MVY.
*Read a book that was make into a movie...not quite sure about this one
*Read a book based on a true story:  Devils Knot.
There are other categories like Read a play, a book because you like the cover, a book with a blue cover, a book by a Vineyard author.

It's suppose to rain tomorrow and Friday, so I'm going to go to the library in the morning and stock up on books, movies and cd.  Our library has a great selection of all 3.  And so my summer reading program begins and continues!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun library!! Rain and reading a book sounds heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete