1. Saturday at noon I boarded the ferry with another PA to Cape Cod. She needed to leave her car on the mainland and so I joined her. I was ecstatic when I saw a TJ Maxx. My friend dropped me off there while she had her hair cut. I was thrilled and more so when I came upon my new favorite bra and bought 2 more (I had just been telling my sisters about them that very morning). I got a bunch of odds and ends including a towel, given the towels here are hospital towels, supper small and thin. We had dinner at a nice restaurant, did some shopping at Wal-Mart (not a super) and then boarded the ferry to return. All in all it was a nice day! The view from the ferry was gorgeous!
3. I worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and have had the past 3 days off. It has been so long since I've had 3 days to myself, where I don't have anyone to do things with. It has been nice, but a little quiet. I really miss Mr. J and his little A's. Wednesday I did some reading at the beach, went to the gym and of course every day I skype Mr. J for a few hours. Gosh I love skype and Mr. J!
4. Yesterday I spent most of the day inside because it looked like rain the entire day. Finally after skyping Mr. J I headed out for a jog. I made it a few miles, running along the beach and watching the largest waves I've seen since being here, before it started to rain. It was okay at first, but then it started to pour just as I was getting back into town. I stopped off at Linda Jeans for a fish sandwich at the bar, where I met some nice locals. I was sure it would stop raining by the time I was finished, but nope. So I sucked it up and ran probably faster than I ever have, of course dodging puddles along my way. Finally when I was a bit from home I decided to just enjoy the rain and so I walked the last few blocks home. I was soaked to the bone by the time I got home, stripped my clothes off and took a long warm shower. For some reason I was super tired last night, so I went to bed at 930.
5. Today at gym class this lady that I've become friends with brought me a towel. I guess I told her about my shopping for 1 towel and she felt sorry for me. It was so nice of her. There are so many nice people here; MVY gets a bad rap for it being about the snooty rich and famous. All I've come in contact with are nice drivers who let you in and people who smile and say hi on the streets.
6. Today I spent the afternoon in Edgartown exploring a farmers market where I bought 2 lettuce plants and a basil plant, some sweet potato's, a head of butter lettuce and a gingersnap. I'm going to try to grow the 3 plants in a pot on my porch, of course if they do grow I'll have to change pots soon. I'm so excited to grow basil. I love the smell and taste of it in my cooking. I wandered downtown where I bought a cool bracelet and an Ice Cream cone, went into a cute book store and then ate pasta salad at this cute restaurant Among The Flowers. I did some grocery shopping, where I ran into one of my nurses and was talked into buying a fresh lobster by some ladies who were also at the fish counter. Lobster's were only six dollars a pound, which apparently is a steel. For dinner I boiled up the lobster, but have decided it is much better to just buy it at the church on Friday's than make the mess in my kitchen.