Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thoughts On Europe

My 12 day European Holiday (as they call it in Europe) was incredible.  The only thing that would have made it better is if we would have had more time in Budapest and Vienna.  I loved Prague and Budapest the most!  Our hotel in Prague was absolutely beautiful and I don't think I need to say anymore about the breakfast buffet!

I loved garnet shopping in Prague and love the jewelry that I bought there.  When I travel I always try to buy a piece of jewelry from where I am to remember each vacation by.  When I was in Budapest I bought a beautiful white table covering that is embroidered.  Budapest is known for their embroidery.  It will be fun someday to have a house and a table to put this on.  I'm telling you, that someday is going to be in the next 8 months or earlier; I'm ready to be settled in Phoenix!

Throughout our Eastern European travels we saw many beautiful churches, buildings and castles, however none of them match the beauty and peace of our LDS temples.  The countryside that we were able to see on bus rides and floating down the Danube on our boat/ship was one of the most beautiful creations I've ever seen!

Because this trip was planned over my 1 year cancer-aniversary since being diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, my sister gathered 21 letters from family and friends each addressed to me.  Each letter told me their view of the past year and my diagnosis.  I got a few letters each night.  What a treasure and what a fantastic idea.  I loved each one, cried over most and was ecstatic to get my final letter from Mr. J.  I will forever hold these letters near and dear to my heart and will hold on to them forever.

We had a most beautiful walk the last evening of our vacation.  The city was lit up and the weather was perfect.  These are some of my most favorite pictures from our last night.
We were all so tired on our way back to the states, however I didn't sleep but a few minutes.  My traveling partners on the other hand had no problem sleeping....Tenielle is at the very end!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you did that, you will have wonderful memories with your family forever!! Beautiful pictures!! Those letters were such a great idea, you will always cherish them!! Eight months huh? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete