Friday, June 6, 2014

Europe Day 9 Vienna!

Vienna wasn't what I was expecting; I think I was expecting a small European town.  Vienna is more of a big city.  It kind of reminded me of a mini NYC.  There are a lot of people in this city.  This city is all about money.  We had a bus and walking tour through Vienna this morning.  We saw yet another church and another palace.  They of course were beautiful.  This afternoon we had time in the city.  It was so big we didn't really know where to tour.  We did go to the Opera House where they have a different performance every night.  It was beautiful.  Tenielle, Dad and I shared the best Hot Dog I've ever eaten and I'm not a hot dog person.  It had cheese in it and was put into a bun that had a closed bottom.  We also bought some souvenirs including more chocolate and different kind of wafers.  Believe it or not we stopped off at McDonalds for the most delicious homemade yogurt edinberry smoothy, a cookie, a carmel macaroon and french fries. It's a good thing we don't have the delicious McDonalds Cafe's in the states or I'd be stopping on a frequent basis.
Tonight's dinner was a Pirates Theme.  I've had a different fish every night.  My favorite has been of course salmon, marlin and butter fish.  The staff did funny program tonight, one of which was downright hilarious.
 You can't see it in this picture, but there was a spoon attached to the fabric that hit the pan when they moved a certain way.  I wish we would have gotten this program on video because it was awesome.
Fun Facts to follow when I find my sheet with them on it....

1 comment:

  1. OKAY---That guy looked--- INTERESTING?? Vienna sure is pretty and I the food sounds really good. I'm not a hot dog lover either but would like to give that one a try!! Enjoy your last few days!! Love AL

    ReplyDelete