Sunday, April 24, 2016

Vintage Finds

I'm totally into vintage, especially since I've found a whole catalog of antique stores in Phoenix.  I've only been to 3.  But I tell you I can't wait to have another day off so that I can spend it at the antique stores.  I came across these bar stools which remind me of the swivel blue barstools we had in our kitchen when I was a young kid.  They were gone come 5th grade.  Not sure why or where they went, but I remember them.  Or maybe this memory is from my grandparents house.  Oh dear, chemo brain.  Anyway, I saw these last week and can't stop thinking about them.  One might say they are ugly, but I remember when I lived-in Charlotte it took me forever to find some barstools (that weren't really comfortable and which I sold at my one and only garage sale).  I originally said I wasn't going to do the bar stool thing, but I think 2 would be just fine for me.  I'm going to keep looking, but I expect to buy these unless someone picks them up, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one around here who would think these are a gem.
 Here is a little glimpse into my living room.  See that cute little rocking chair?  I picked it up for $25 at a yard sale in my neighborhood a few weeks ago.  It was this lady's grandmothers.  It is darling and such a steal.  Really, why would you sell such a gem.  It's solid wood.  I have this weird  love for rocking chairs.  I've yet to put much on the piano, those are just random things.  The mirror is going above the piano, but the wire broke while we were putting it up and I have yet to fix it.  I love my flower chair that I bought just before I left Charlotte.
 Can you see my awesome drop leaf table in my dining room?  I'm so in love with it.  I totally forgot about the crocheted Families Are Forever framed art I made that is leaning against the wall and yet to be placed because it is too heavy. (I literally forgot about it until I opened the box it was in which it has been taped up in since I moved from Charlotte in October 2011.)  Maybe my awesome friend Lauren can help me put it up on that wall when she comes in 8 days.  I can't wait for her to visit.  We always have a ball when we are together and this friend of mine is one talented woman when it comes to painting and fixing things.  You can't really see this cute rug in my entrance way, but it has some cute blue ribbon like stuff that matches so lovely with my living room.  The shutters come next week which will be fantastic because it is just too hot to open those doors and it's not even May.
 This old sewing box fits perfectly between my two new 1900 era chairs.  I love that it's something I've never seen before.  When I saw it I may have jumped up and down and screamed like a teenager!  I might just have to get back into my crocheting and cross stitching if my carpal tunnel will allow me.
I've come across several vintage secretary desks and have decided this is what I want to use in my craft room.  So this week or next I'll be on the search for the perfect one.  I'm excited for Lauren to come help me organize my craft room, it's quite a mess with absolutely no organization.  

I'm getting super anxious for my granite to arrive next Monday.  It will be so nice to finally have a sink and counters.  Oh, the things we take for granted.

2 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful home and especially all your rocking chairs!! If you come home one day and your rocking chairs and dropped leaf table are missing mmm I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma had a dropped leaf table too.....brings back memories. Your house is looking so dang cute - can't wait to come see if again when it's finished. love you

      Delete