Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tumor

I got the results of my CT scan this week.  Not the news I was hoping for but not surprised.  When compared with the scan from November the tumor is now 1.3 cm larger.  This means I have a 4x3cm mass that I'm sitting on.  The good news is there isn't any new growth.

It's difficult for me to understand why all those months of chemo didn't shrink this tumor as I thought it had.  I mean it did some, but it has grown since.  I'm super hopeful that the chemo I'm on now will kill the tumors completely.  If not, there is a huge potential that I'll have to have it removed and have a colostomy the rest of my life.  That would be awful.  However today when I was at the Indian Medical Center (because I'm going to start working a few shifts when I can) one of the new providers was telling me that she has a friend with one who lives in Alaska and she is able to hike, bike, swim and do everything anyone else can do.  I still don't want one and hope and pray Heavenly Father provides me with the miracle I'm seeking.

The other good news is the echocardiogram was normal, which I knew it would be.  We will have to have the heart checked from time to time because this chemo can enlarge the heart.

As far as side effects, this chemo has been easy in comparison to previous.  I have been rather tired, but I refuse to take a nap except for on Sundays.

My next chemo treatment will be May 3 when my friend Lauren will be here visiting.  I'm so excited to see her and have her visit.

1 comment:

  1. We all want everything gone and a total miracle for you!! As I always say Terah you have so much faith, Heavenly father has got to be so proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete