Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Grandma Betty Visits

Grandma Betty, Marne and Tim were in Phoenix in early February.  They came over for breakfast on a Sunday morning.  It was so fun to have them visit my home for the first time ever.  Tim taught me to make Ebelskivers when we were visiting them in August and so I made some when they visited.  I picked a recipe that was different from theirs and they loved it and so do I. 
Aunt Pearl also visited Phoenix this winter.  Aunt Pearl is in her 90's.  She looks fabulous.  When I was in elementary she worked at my school.  We formed a special bond on the playground.  We had dinner with her and her daughter (my dad's cousin) Julie.  It's always fun to see these amazing women who I've always loved and looked up to.
Ebelskiver's are a danish pancake ball.  You have to have a special pan to make these.  Buy one that has teflon.  They are delicious, fun and different.  To turn these I use a small (like number 10) crochet hook.
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4-1/2 cup butter milk
2 T butter melted

In a bowl add sifted flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.  In a separate bowl combine egg, milk and butter.  Combine all ingredients and stir until blended.

Over medium heat, fill each cup approximately 2/3 full with batter.  Cook for about 30 seconds or until brown.  Turn each ball with a crochet hook so it forms a semi-circle.  When this side is cooked turn one more time.

Top with lemon curd, lemon juice, powder sugar, nutella, blueberries, whipped cream or whatever you have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment