Monday, February 27, 2017

Colleens Dream Weekend

Thursday I was up bright and early to have infusion.  I've had back pain for several weeks, the kind where it feels super sore in my lumbar spine, which is different than the tailbone pain.  I've also been having constant numbness to my right anterior thigh.  It was decided at treatment that I will have a ct-scan a few weeks earlier than thought.  I'm hoping it's nothing, even though it is obviously something.
After treatment we picked Nick up from the airport.  Erin, Tony, Nick and I then went to the VIP Colleens Dream party.  It was super fun to people that I've met the last few years. Billy Cundiff is pictured on the right.  He is the kindest man.  I'm so grateful for him and Nicole and the entire Colleens Dream team who spends countless hours working to raise money and awareness for OVC.
Friday morning was the golf tournament.  I look forward to this every year.  It's fun to check people in and feel the excitement that a bunch of men have to golf for such an important cause. The view and weather was gorgeous, despite it was slightly cool, but perfect.
Johnny Hecker is so friendly.  It was so nice to visit with him.  I keep promising him I'll see one of his games and I haven't.  Next season for sure.

That night we picked up my Uncle Stuart and then met Leslie and Gordon for dinner. 
Saturday Erin, Mom and I got pedicures.  I also got a sweet freezer for cheap.  We got ourselves all beautified and then headed to the Gala.  It was beautiful as always and so much fun.  Billy talked about me in his speech, how even though I have cancer I continue to live and enjoy life.
I won a silent auction OVC quilt, which is beautiful.  I'm so grateful for everyone donating their time and money for a cause that I live with every day.  Talk about pure unselfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment