Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Kauai, Hawaii

The Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend I flew to Kauai for 10 days!  I'm pretty sure I've worked the last several Memorial Day Weekends, which are always busy.  It was nice to be on vacation again!  I met my cousin Misty, her daughter Sadie and my cousin Marie and her husband Nick.  They picked me up and since it was after 10, we chatted for a few minutes before heading to bed.

The view that I saw Sunday morning from our balcony room was amazing.  Oh, how I love a tropical view.  We attended early morning church services and then drove to Glass Beach where the waves were amazing.

We also saw spouting horn which was cool, but we never really got a good picture of it.
Monday morning we boarded a boat for a tour of the Napali Coast.  I did this 10 yeas ago the same
week and remember it being one of my favorites.  This didn't disappoint.  I love the dolphins that swim around the boat, the amazing blue water, and the green and red cliffs.  We did a little snorkeling, but it wasn't the greatest.  Oh, it was such an amazing morning/afternoon though.
After our tour we went straight for the shaved ice, which was refreshing.
That evening and before Marie and Nick flew out, we had a delicious dinner at the Lemongrass Grill.
Misty's son Kade flew in Tuesday evening.  On Wednesday we went Kayaking (something I've never done).  We kayaked to a trail where we hiked to see a water fall.  I finally checked swim under a water fall off my bucket list.  It was crazy loud  and windy.  Completely different than I expected, but super fun.
To be honest, we pretty much had lazy mornings, at ice cream, snow cones, delicious fish tacos and spent most of the time in the pool or at the beach.  It was so delightful and very relaxing, exactly what I like in a tropical vacation wonderland!
One day we went to the North shore, because we stayed on the South Shore, which I actually really enjoyed.  We saw so many turtles and fish on the North Shore while we were snorkeling.  It was so awesome.  I love snorkeling.
The last day we stopped by and saw another waterfall and picked a coconut.  Oh, the beauty of Hawaii!
 And of course, one last snow cone, which was my favorite, sour cherry, sour pineapple and coconut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment