Monday, October 2, 2017

Lot's of Traveling...Destin Beach, Charlotte, NOLA

Last Thursday I flew to Birmingham, meeting my mom, cousin Alisha and aunt Carol.  My cousin Emilie picked us up and we headed to her house outside of Montgomery for the night.  It was so good to see her kids who I lived with when I was in grad school.  Oh, how I miss those days!

Friday morning/afternoon we headed to Destin, Beach.  We rented a lovely house close to the beach.  We had dinner at LuLu's, where we were also entertained by a fiddle and guitar player as we watched a horrible BSU game.  After dinner, we walked in the dark to the beach.  The sand was the softest I've ever felt.
Saturday my friend Cassie drove 2 1/2 hours from her home to spend the day with us.  We had such a great time catching up and talking for hours at the beach.  Lauren and Noelle drove from Charlotte and got there for dinner.  We had such a great dinner, which lasted for hours.
Sunday we attended church, sat out on our balcony during a rain storm, laughed a lot, ate caramel popcorn made by Emilie and then said goodbye to Emilie and her girls who also came with us.
Monday we spent the day on the beach.  The water is so clear and the sand is so soft.  We did some shopping on Monday as well.  Tuesday we spent the day at the pool, which was lovely. Each night we ate a delicious dinner out.  Our favorite was the last night at Marina Cafe.  All of the restaurants were on the water, with beautiful views.  
We had such a great time and laughed so much.  It means so much to me that my friends will leave their families to have a girls trip with me.
Our trip back to Montgomery to drop off Alisha and Aunt Carol was very eventful, starting with the fact that we couldn't get the cargo door open for at least 30 minutes; ending with us having to stop several times to use the bathroom...someone had to go really bad, but when they saw a security camera, they thought otherwise, but then they found a church with a small cemetary and took advantage of a little privacy; names withheld and it wasn't me.  I was laughing so hard.

I love what Noelle wrote on FB about our trip, which I share with you:
Amazing couple of days with amazing women. Thankful for you all ❤️ take aways from the past 5 days:
1. Cancer Sucks
2. Some of the best friends come from the most unexpected places. And some are always there regardless of time to help pick up your slack when you're not around.
3. There are not enough places to use the bathroom when traveling from FL to Alabama
4. Not setting an alarm clock is amazing, especially when you have a high schooler!
5. Everyone has a story, a struggle, or a flaw! Embrace them all, be honest and always ask for help.
6. Live life to your fullest potential, follow your dreams, and go on the trip 😊
7. Amazing partners in life are those that push you and want you to do fun things for YOU, not them.... I am 100% positive staying with 3 children that are not biologically yours for 5 days was not on Matts bucket list
8. It's easy to talk to someone for 10 hours straight, especially when they are Lauren Cobb
9. Take the picture.... you never know when it will be the last.....
10. Cancer sucks and I will continue praying for a cure. The pain that is seen and felt is just not fair!Terah Young #yourelivingforever

Thankful to be home but thankful for 5 days with some fantastic women.

Mom and I continued to Charlotte with Noelle and Lauren.  Nick was at Laurens to pick us up and take us to his house.  Thursday mom and I visited my friend Kendra in the hospital.  She has been there for over 40 days and is so ill with vomiting.  I was so sad to see her in this way.  I hope and pray that she will pull out of this and that she will feel better soon.  She has such sweet parents and such an amazing support system.  When I left her she kissed my cheek and told me she loved me.  Oh, how I love this friend of mine.

That evening, we had dinner with Nick, his grandparents and his mom, before going back to Laurens.  It was a whirlwind trip to Charlotte for sure.  Mom flew out Friday morning and after visiting my friend and her cute twins and a visit with my friend Karen on the way to the airport, I flew to NOLA that afternoon for the weekend.
Kirt picked me up from the airport and we headed to the fish market where we got fish for something like $3 a pound, it was crazy cheap.  He made a delicious dinner that evening.  Saturday we went on a nature hike and saw a little alligator. Since it was General Conference weekend and Kirt had a man cold, we spent a lot of time indoors, which I was totally fine with.
Saturday evening we went down to the French Quarter for dinner.  Kirt also did a presentation for NP's on CHF.  He was amazing!  I wish I would have taken more pictures, next time for sure.  Sunday it rained like crazy, which I much enjoyed.  And now I'm on my way to Seattle to see Aubrey for a few days, but am stuck in an airport for now.  Hoping I get there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment