Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bowl Season Begins

Yesterday was the start of another football bowl season.  I really only love to watch BSU play, but it really doesn't matter which team is playing I just love to hear the sound of college football.  Not quite sure when I developed this love, because I haven't always loved it.  I think it was when I move to Charlotte that my love for it really started, but I loved it in college also.  Maybe it is because I feel this little bond between my dad and I when it comes to BSU football and the blue turf or maybe it is because the sound of football means Fall is on its way.  Nonetheless, bowl season means its winter, the close of football season, freezing cold temperatures, and usually snow.  What it really means to me especially now that I'm in Idaho is several miserable months of cold.  I could have gone to one of the first bowl games yesterday; the Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise and on the Blue Turf, but I hate to be cold.  Therefore I watched it in my green chair in my parents warm house, while my sister and her friends froze their behinds off watching the very sad loss in the last 13 seconds by Utah State.  Oh what sadness, those are always disheartening, especially when it's the team you are hoping for to win.
This was last weekend Tanner, Emily, Tyler, Tenielle,  Me, Tony and Bryant
After the game and after our crazy ward party, most of the kids came over.  You see, Tenielle brought 3 of her friends from Utah.  They are actually all of our friends, because we have known them through Tenielle for many years.  They are super funny.  We stayed up laughing late into the evening last night and woke up this morning laughing.  We were even laughing before and after church.  I don't really know what we laugh about but we find things to laugh about and we play off of each others comments.  One of the conversations this morning was about the ladies at church and their confusion of why I'm still single.  It's about the stupidest question when people ask why I'm not married.  I mean really it's not like I go around telling men no when they flash that big fat diamond in front of me.  You see our friends are my age and they are single too, so they get the why aren't you married all the time too.  Another thing we were laughing about is the fact that I'm 35, living at home, and watching Laurence Welk with mom and dad on Saturday nights.  Really I don't watch Laurence Welk, but the other is true.  Never in a million years did I ever think I would move home.  But I have so I'm laughing about it.  I mean really it is funny.  Trust me, I hope to find a cute little cottage to move into soon, but it's really hard to decide what to do. Do I build a home, buy one of the million homes that are vacant in the treasure valley, rent, or just live with mom and dad for awhile and save until the right decision comes along?  Any suggestions are welcomed.  For now I'm just going to enjoy living with my non demented parents and hope that we all stay sane until the decision can be made.  And come December 22, we will enjoy the last BSU college football game as we watch Kellen Moore our outstanding quarterback play his last college football game in the Maaco Bowl.

1 comment:

  1. It's surprising what some people let come out of their mouths. I'm sure they mean it as a compliment, though, ie: "You're so amazing, talented, etc. It's hard to understand why you don't have a million men beating down your door." =)Instead, it comes out sounding like you've done something wrong and/or have chosen to reject the male population as a whole. =) Kinda along the same lines as my personal favorite: "Why didn't you have more kids?" I think people mean well - they just forget to stop and remember that we don't control all of the variables!

    As far as your housing dilemma, my vote would be not to rush into buying anything right away. Give yourself a few months - maybe as many as 6 - to make sure you love the job and that you really plan to stay there for awhile.

    =) Karen

    ReplyDelete