Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Two Jobs In 1 Year...

Never did I think I'd accept two jobs in 1 year, but this just happens to be that magical year.  Lets just keep this job forever ok.  Jobs in medicine aren't like other jobs.  It's much more time consuming.  I've had several interviews with several people from the same company, been wined and dined, and have finally accepted a position from the 3 jobs that I applied for.  Now that I have a job I have to wait to be licensed in Idaho.  That basically means I have to fill out a hundred forms, my new company will pay out a bunch of money and then I will be told I can practice in Idaho.  Yes, I'm nationally certified, but each state requires a separate licensing.  There really should be a national license so that you can work in any state, but you know how states are about wanting their money.  Any way they can get it they will.  I actually had to send for my transcripts.  Who cares what my GPA was 8 years ago.  I also had to submit a photo and have my fingerprints taken.  I mean really what am I a criminal?  I have never even had a speeding ticket (knock on wood).  What really matters is that I can practice medicine, that I haven't had any malpractice claims, and that I'm good at what I do, which I am of course.  Come January, which will be how long it takes to get a license, I will be working amongst 9 different urgent care clinics, 14, 12 hours shifts a month, unless I choose to work more, which I likely will for at least a few months. Eventually I will find out which clinic I like best, which will be my "home clinic" meaning where I will be the most.  I like a little variety, makes life not so boring.  The company is similar in many ways to my previous employer EMP.  It is not only physician owned, but employee owned.  After a year or so I can be partner, which is something I've never been able to be a part of.  I am excited about the new job, but not super excited about living here for at least the next 2 years (as I had to sign a 2 year contract).  I'm sure it will get better once I can find every day things like my perfume, matching clothes, and have a normal gym and life routine.  But for now I will enjoy living with all of my belongings from a four bedroom home (or rather a few of my belongings) in my single bedroom.  It was a plus today when I was told my new company was going to reimburse me $7500 of the $8200 it cost me in just the moving company moving expenses.  Huge plus for sure!  I do like the fact that they have electronic medical records, they are family oriented, and people have been there for 10+ years and still love where they work.  Lets now hope for fast processing from the state office.  I'm just about ready to get back to work.  Working close to family and home means I get to take my vacations else where like Charlotte, Paris, or Italy.  Lets just hope plane tickets go down a bit.  Come March or April I'm going to need some warm weather, I'm already tired of the cold.

1 comment:

  1. I like how your vacation destinations include Italy AND Charlotte. Makes it sound so exotic. =)

    Congrats on the new job, too!
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete